Monday, January 12, 2009

My List

The Good:
OK, so I usually do the Bad first, as to end on a good note, but I felt like changing it up a bit.

Will and I are doing a Marriage/Health study through BYU. They are testing to see if marriage therapy improves health, so we get 12 weeks of therapy for free, and they pay us $200. Score! I am actually excited for the therapy part. Will keeps joking that they are going to break out the sock puppets and make us talk about our feelings with them. And if they do I will laugh.

I am finally studying! Yeah, it has taken me a few months to get settled and in a good routine where I could actually spend some time studying for my Phys. Science class.

I painted my living room/dining room. Yeah! no more green. Pictures to come.

I actually made something that my kids ate for dinner. Amazing I know! What is it you ask? Pasta Salad. I know, it's not really that time of year, but I had all the stuff, and it actually worked this time. Thanks Rachelle for the recipe.

We got tickets to the Draper Temple Open House! And will be going on Nani's birthday. I am so excited to be able to take our kids there so they can see and feel the beauty of the temple.


The Random:
I cut my hair! It's been a few weeks now, and I don't have any really cute pics of it, so the lovely ones below will have to do for now.

Somebody told me the other day that I look like one of the contestants on America's Next Top Model. I think it was a compliment.

I saved a ton of money with GIECO.

Just kidding, but I did save some moola at Albertson's, and saw a dead octopus at Macey's. The meat department does a demo on the weekends for kids. They had octopus and lobster last week, and next week will be sting ray & shark. I've never seen my kids so excited about grocery shopping.

The Bad:

Textbooks. Nuf said.

For the study we have to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hrs. , and it takes our blood pressure ever 15-20 minutes. Will said he is about ready to rip his off, as am I! I'll be doing something and then have to stop right in the middle of it and hold still for about a minute while the monitor cranks on my arm again. and again. and again. Oh, there it goes again . . . .

And we have to give saliva samples. Let's see you try to get your spit to go into a tiny vial. It's hard! It took me like 5 minutes just to fill up this tiny thing.












And we get to sleep with them on tonight. I doubt we will be sleeping much.

1 comment: