While talking to my Mom tonight, she reminded me that I had a good man. I'll second the motion. I told him that and I think he blushed a little as I broke into song, singing "somewhere in my youth or childhood . . . .I must have done something good"(thank you Julie Andrews).

So to make Will feel extra special today, he got breakfast in bed, 3 frosted cookies that the kids made in Primary (the frosting was at least an inch thick), a nummy lunch, and a fabulous dinner.
He requested sourdough waffles with buttermilk syrup, but I tweaked it a little. He also wanted a pie, and because I don't do pie crust, I bought 2 deep dish pies at the store earlier in the week.
Being that there were two pie crusts it only made sense to make two pies right?
Besides the lemon meringue, I decided to make a pumpkin pie. There was a little of the filling left over from the pumpkin pie and it seemed a shame to let that lovely stuff go to waste,
so I put it into the waffle batter. WOW! It was sooooooo good. Kinda like Willy Wanka's 3 flavored gum, (but with this there was only 2 flavors) it had a nice sourdough taste to begin with then near the end it turned into a yummy pumpkin pie taste.
(side note: As I am typing this JR came over to me with bloody finger.
Apparently he was playing chicken with scissors, kiddie ones.
He had the scissors on the table and with one hand would open and close them,
and with the other hand he was touching the table with his finger and then lifting it up just in time so he wouldn't cut himself.
Well you guessed it, he cut himself.
After getting him all fixed up, he says,"I guess it's not a good idea to play with scissors". Amen.
What is it with kids and bloody accidents this week?)
This isn't my best picture, but Will likes it,
so it being Father's Day and all,
I will leave it.

And many thanks to Emily Couch, my dear friend,
whose recipe I used for the Lemon Meringue.
Doesn't it look fabulous?!
And who says you have to have pumpkin pie in November?
So to make Will feel extra special today, he got breakfast in bed, 3 frosted cookies that the kids made in Primary (the frosting was at least an inch thick), a nummy lunch, and a fabulous dinner.
He requested sourdough waffles with buttermilk syrup, but I tweaked it a little. He also wanted a pie, and because I don't do pie crust, I bought 2 deep dish pies at the store earlier in the week.
Being that there were two pie crusts it only made sense to make two pies right?
Besides the lemon meringue, I decided to make a pumpkin pie. There was a little of the filling left over from the pumpkin pie and it seemed a shame to let that lovely stuff go to waste,
so I put it into the waffle batter. WOW! It was sooooooo good. Kinda like Willy Wanka's 3 flavored gum, (but with this there was only 2 flavors) it had a nice sourdough taste to begin with then near the end it turned into a yummy pumpkin pie taste.
(side note: As I am typing this JR came over to me with bloody finger.
Apparently he was playing chicken with scissors, kiddie ones.
He had the scissors on the table and with one hand would open and close them,
and with the other hand he was touching the table with his finger and then lifting it up just in time so he wouldn't cut himself.
Well you guessed it, he cut himself.
After getting him all fixed up, he says,"I guess it's not a good idea to play with scissors". Amen.
What is it with kids and bloody accidents this week?)
so it being Father's Day and all,
I will leave it.
And many thanks to Emily Couch, my dear friend,
whose recipe I used for the Lemon Meringue.
Doesn't it look fabulous?!
And who says you have to have pumpkin pie in November?
2 comments:
Your pies look amazing!
That looks so good!
Post a Comment