Sunday, July 27, 2008

We made it!

We are finally here at our new home, settling in and unpacking. It seems to have all happened so fast. Our week began with some unfortunate news that our loan for our "mobile" fell through. Not because of anything on our part, but the park manager was unwilling to sign a necessary document that would allow us to get our loan. So essentially we had no place to go. We could try to work with the seller, or we could try to find somewhere else to go. We fretted about it all day, then slept on it and in the morning we felt much better. We decided to offer the seller what money we had, then ask her to carry the balance for us. Amazingly she accepted, and we were no longer homeless.

Tuesday and Wednesday were busy packing, and packing,and packing, and packing. So many people showed up to help us. Will's Mom came over and told me to get rid of my junk, and said I could only take what fit into a small duffle bag. It was a good thing, because I really needed to get rid of it anyway. My Mom showed up and stayed until we left. Thanks Mom! I couldn't have done it without her. She cleaned most of my house, and pack a sea of boxes. My good friend Malana came over to resuce me too. She came almost everyday, and again on moving day. Malana you're AWESOME! Alison was a HUGE help too. She played with my kids on Monday so that I could focus on the whole finding a place to live thing. Then her family brought us dinner Tuesday evening. It was so yummy! Thanks Alison! My sister-in-law Ann is an absolute saint. She took my kids on Tuesday to Chick-fil-a for 3 hours and let them play with their cousins in the play place. That's 7 kids for 3+ hours! You're AMAZING Ann! And to top it off, she solved our bed crisis. Well it wasn't really a crisis, but a potential problem. We have a ginormous king sleigh bed with larger bed side tables that no matter how we tried were not going to fit on our trailer(moving), or in our trailer (home). We decided to trade beds with Ann, so now we have a comfy queen that fits perfectly in our little bedroom. Thanks Ann!

Wednesday my kids went to play with their friends for most of the day, which was great! Thanks Jenny! My kids are missing your kids already. Thanks so much Marsha! You are a life saver! Then my good friend Kahanu came home after being gone for what seemed like forever, and helped me pack stuff up. She brought us some fun stuff from Hawaii. I can't even write about her without getting all choked up. Thanks Kahanu for everything! Wednesday evening we had the Young Men come over to help us move. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. I was feeling pretty good about the quantity of our stuff until our big computer armoire, washer and dryer got loaded. It seemed to fill about 1/2 of the trailer, and I began to sweat. I started a "maybe" pile that was being filled with stuff that might or might not make it on the trailer. Luckily our friends let us borrow their small quad trailer, and we were able to load almost everything. The only things that didn't fit were our trampoline and our kitchen table. They now have good homes, and I am not too sad because we had another table that we are now using.

We slept on an air mattress Wednesday night that was near flat at 1:00 am, so we really didn't sleep well the night before our big move. I woke up with a pit in my stomach, knowing that I only had a few hours left to get my safe open and get the money we needed out of it to pay for gas. I asked for another miracle, and we got just that. My dear mother-in-law really pulled through for us. She started making phone calls and pleading our cause, and next thing you know, we had a combination!

After getting our cars loaded and saying some really hard good-byes, we were on our way. I love Arizona. The landscape is so beautiful! As we were driving close to Page, Za Za pointed out the red rocks were so red because they were hot. Although I loved the scenery, I really got tired of Sing-a-long Disney, a sore bum, and my really anxious dog. We arrived Friday afternoon and soon after almost all of us were sacked on the living room floor. My Dad and CC were so good to us. Not only did they help us move, they had meals planned out for us when we got here. Thanks so much Dad & CC!

Just a while after we arrived, we noticed this ENORMOUS ant pile with about 5 million ants. Raid to the rescue!

We really do like our little trailer. Will had to take a few breaths and say "It's only 3 years, it's only 3 years." The window were covered with cheap mini-blinds, and almost immediately Will went to work cutting down a cell shade that we brought with us to put up in our bedroom. We went to church yesterday, only to find out that we were in the wrong building (there are SOOO many here!) We finally got to the right building and met our new ward. It is kinda hard being new, but we will survive. The weather here is gorgeous! I love being able to be outside in the summer.

Well today (Monday) we found out some not so good news. Our buyer is having a bit of a problem getting everything that she needs to for the loan to go through. I guess she had a few bounced checks a few months ago, and they are so picky now that they have to have a bank statement with no bounced checks for 60 days before they will go through with the loan. That means that we have to wait another month for our house to close. RATS! We were totally planning on it closing last Friday. So please keep us in your prayers. This is a bit of a stressful time for us. Tomorrow will be a better day, it's Will's B-day, and we are going to have some fun. Love to All!

10 comments:

Katie said...

YEA!!! I am glad you made it up there and that you are loving the cooler temperature. Sorry about all the stressful things, I know everything will work out!

j&krosser said...

I am glad you made it. I am bummed that I didn't get to see you again before you left. But my in-laws moved up there this weekend so hopefully I will get to see you in Utah.

Veronica said...

I'm so jealous! I hope you save a place for us! Soak up all Utah for me! I'm glad you made it safe and I know you'll love it!

MJM said...

I am so glad that you made it. I have been anxious to find out if you were alright. That is a miracle that you actually got the safe open. How did you find the combination?

We miss you tons.

Diana said...

You guys are amazing. I have a hard time packing for a week to make a trip up there let alone an entire house. I'm glad you've made it and hope the loans close real soon. Take care and thanks for the updates.

Kahanu said...

Hooray you made it! Way to make me cry all over again! We miss you guys! Thanks so much for everything! I told Kalei about the song and she smiled and laughed. She said she misses Annie! We all miss you guys! We're glad you got off okay and got the safe open! Sorry about all the stress just keep reading the quote!

Gretchen Price said...

I love your front porch picture...what a neat place. Love, Mom Price

Emily Ruth said...

I love you guys, and you have to know how incredible missed you are. I was sorry to not be there during all the goodbyes. I like to think of it as, "So long for nows" cause we will definitely see you again.
Anyway, thank you so much for the book. I finally started it this week after our move (whew) and I love it. We will keep you in our prayers and know that with all the miracles that have already occurred in your behalf, everything is bound to work out right. Love you guys!
-em, roger and morris

Anonymous said...

we can't believe you guys are gone! we are so sorry that we didn't get a chance to come by and say a good "good-bye" before you left. we wish you all the best, and we will miss you guys. it's been fun being friends with you for these last few years.
--brett and whitney
p.s. emery says, "hi eliza, i want to come and visit you in utah", sophie says," hey jaran, good luck with 3rd grade", and maggie says,
"i want to go to annie's house. please!please!please!" good luck with everything :)

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you made it safe and sound and it looks like you are settling in pretty quickly. We miss you guys and love getting all of the updates. Hope the house closes with no other problems. Hang in there, it will all work out the way it's supposed to.
Love ya, Jennifer