The girls wanted to do some wrapping, so I directed them to the gift wrapping box under my bed. I sometimes keep a few small gifts on hand and so today they found 3 CD's (Reba's Christmas albums), and a puppy calendar. They stuffed about three gift bags(Christmas themed) full of tissue, and the little treasures they had found. JR made him a paper chain crown so he could be King for a day.
We had our friends over for dinner and enjoyed some yummy enchiladas. While getting the ingredients ready to assemble, the girls wanted to help in the kitchen. They dutifully tied on their aprons, then went to get sunglasses. I didn't quite understand until I saw that they wanted to help with the onions.
We probably should have got a fire permit for all of the candles that we lit on Will's cake.
After all the festivities, we were saying goodnight to the kiddos and Za Za goes to give Will a hug and a kiss when she exclaims "Dad, you smell like McDonalds!" We decided that it was a combination of the greasy(from frying corn tortillas), sweaty (from working hard) smell that made such an aroma.
3 comments:
Thanks for letting us eat dinner and dessert with you last night. It was great to see you again!
Happy birthday Will!! We sure miss you guys, now you are even farther away... I guess now we have a reason to go to utah! ;)
don't forget to blow out the candles!
Post a Comment