Friday, June 20, 2008

My Shopping List

On Tuesday we had a FABULOUS Enrichment night where I was inspired to get my rear in gear and start working on the 3 month supply that we need (thanks Marsha!). And I got to eat some yummy pinto bean fudge. Anywho, I sat down and did it today. YIKES! Who knew that we ate so many beans? Hey, they are full of fiber right? And my kids love them, toots and all. This list is truly overwhelming, but its a start. HOLY COW, I can't even read it without getting a headache. So I had a hard time coming up with good meal ideas that were easy to store on the shelf. Any ideas?

6 packages of tostada shells
48 cups mexican cheese
12 cups mozzarella cheese
6 cups Parmesan cheese
96 cups pinto beans
24 sticks butter
salt
baking soda
36 cups oil
4 bottles Tabasco chipotle sauce
6 cups cornmeal
6 cups white flour
54 cups milk
84 eggs
42 lbs hamburger
3 packages chorizo -sprouts
oregano chili powder cumin thyme
12 bags tortilla chips
24 cups rice
24 chicken breasts
12 cans cream of chicken
12 cans olives
3 bags crunchy noodles
6 cans pineapple
6 packages angel hair spaghetti
12 bottles pasta sauce
24 cans green beans
6 packages stew meat -sprouts
6 bags carrots
18 onions
5lbs potatoes
6 celery bunches
12 #10 cans wheat
3 large containers honey -costco
yeast - costco
3 - 30 packs of tortillas
6 cans el pato
6 packages taco shells
6 bags whole wheat pitas
6 jars pizza sauce
3 packages pepperoni
12 cans rotel tomatoes
24 cans tomatoes
6 cans pinto beans
6 cans black beans
6 cans navy beans
6 packages cream cheese
4 bottles pancake syrup
6 bags tri colored pasta
3 bags frozen peas
6 cups cubed cheese
6 bottles Italian dressing
6 boxes lasagna noodles
6 tubs cottage cheese
6 cans cream of mushroom soup
6 bags egg noodles
6 tubs sour cream
12 cups macaroni
6 cans evaporated milk
grande pack of ramen -costco
2 big packs macaroni & cheese - costco

5 comments:

Kahanu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kahanu said...

Way to go Crystal!!

The Crider Clan said...

I found you guys! looks like you are happy! It was fun bumping in to ya last night! Good luck in UT!

Melissa

The Crider Clan said...

Crystal, I was looking over your list, and wondering where you are going to store all that! That is my biggest problem in the whole food storage thing is not knowing where to put it all! Do you have any little known storage ideas? Just wondering!

Melissa

Crystal said...

Really, I have no idea where it is all going to fit, being that we will be already cozy in a single wide trailer. I think I am going to check out IKEA for some good storage ideas for small spaces. I went shopping today and I thought as I was carrying all the groceries in the house how hard it would be to carry in the 3 month supply, let alone pay for it all.

I just remembered I have a friend that stacks her boxes of food storage in her living room about as high as an end table, then sets a round board on top and covers it with a nice table cloth or fabric. Maybe I will have to do something like that.