Sunday, September 13, 2009

My List

The Bad:
The timing belt on my van broke.


JR chipped one of his teeth,
while jumping on a trampoline. He hit Nani's head and they were both screaming for what seemed like 15 minutes. She is fine, and we are taking JR to the dentist tomorrow.


The Good:

The van repairs could have been a lot worse. Thankfully there was no other damage to the engine.

JR got his Wolf rank in Cub Scouts.
















He also caught his first fish on Wednesday on our Cub Scout Fishing Trip.

Will started school again. I tried to get a good "first day of school" picture of him, but he wasn't a fan of all the paparazzi.






Nani had a few more silver crowns put on her teeth.


Pears were on sale. So I bought 52 lbs. and canned them all. Whew!


While we, (meaning I), canned we watched a few fun musicals.
Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana . . . . .

(my kids took the picture, and about 30 more of the TV)



Aren't they pretty?



A good friend let me pick a ton of peaches off of her tree and I spent most of the day yesterday canning them. Ummm. Peaches.



The Random:

Nani's Primary talk today sounded like something from a Muppets show. Her lips were right on the microphone the whole time and she was using her silly voice. Every now and then she would emphasize a word or syllable. Like when she said, "We need to REPENT" with a loud froggy voice. And then again when she said, "AMEN!" Will was standing near the door laughing like crazy, along with the the entire primary, while I was kneeling by Nani trying so hard not to giggle.

5 comments:

Libby said...

I love the back to school pictures of Will. Hilarious. And I am sorry I missed the Primary talk! Sounds memorable. :)

Kendra said...

HA HA, there's so much here to chuckle over. If you are such a wiz at canning, maybe you could come and teach me how to do salsa? I have a ton of tomatoes in my garden that I'd rather not go to rot.

MJM said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I have been thinking of you all day. I everything is going good. We miss you.
Mary Jo

Kay said...

Wow. You are amazing! Well, actually I've always known that, but I am so jealous of your canning abilities!!

j&krosser said...

I love the random!!